Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Colony Theater

The Colony Theater is a gem of Art Deco architecture in a city full of Art Deco. Opened in 1934 for Paramount Studios, the Colony has had a long and illustrious career, receiving a number of renovations over the decades, including the most recent on which will bring the interior to the 21st centure and the exterior back to its 1930's glory. It just finished hosting the Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.

If you look closely, all the way to the left, you will see the window where the chairs from yesterday are sleeping.

(My apologies for skipping yesterday's pic. I left it prepared and ready to go, but forgot to put it from draft to post. )

4 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sam said...

That is a really nice building. Love that style!

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your site! I was in Florida and Miami in October 2004. I enjoyed my time there! Greetings from Holland!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

hello daniel. haven't been here for awhile and I must say, great pictures esp. Colony Theatre. i love the Art Deco era of architecture.

kualalumpurdailyphoto

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

l'art deco est sympa ici...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home