Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Morning Training

I work near an area in the subirbs called Horse Country full of huge mansions and flat fenced grazing areas with, you guessed it, lots of horses. As I was turning onto my street, I saw this man training his horse to walk in a particular kind of way. In Puerto Rico (and Colombia, too, and this area has a lot of Colombians living near it) we call it Paso Fino (fine walk), and it's both a name for the type of trot and for the horse breed (though I don't know if this horse is a Paso Fino breed). It was very neat, and made me very much aware of the very different things we may mean when we say we are off to work in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Ineke said...

Thanks for the story! Cool shot.

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Ivy Peck said...

Greaat reading your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home