Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Yikes!

The price of gas here in the states is getting out of hand. I took this last night at the pump right next to my house (Regular Unleaded would be roughly $0.75., or .60 Euro, a litre), and already today it's a cent higher. You can still get a gallon for less than $3 (I paid $2.95) but I fear it may not be for long. I fully realize Europeans will see this and laugh long and loud, but over here it's not funny. Maybe I should join Eric over in Paris once and for all.

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

Smile! We pay 1.33 Euro (1.64 US$) for a liter regular unleaded gas in Germany at the moment...

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Pierre said...

Hi Daniel,
I've seen that April 20th, the gallon could reach 4.049$ in some stations (maybe it was in California)!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Daniel M. Perez said...

Pierre: Yeah, California has already crossed the $4/gallon barrier; they're overachievers. :-)

Nicola: Trust me, I know that compared to Europe, we should not be uttering a peep. The problem is that cars over here are not nearly as fuel effecient as over there. Even my 1996 Toyota Camry, an excellent fuel economizer, is sucking about $40 a week in gas because I have to drive 23 miles (37 km) to and from work each day. Miami is one of those horrible cities where it is almost impossible to truly get around without a car, unfortunately.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Rodney said...

At the gas station next to my office the gas is $3.15 a gallon for regular. Southern California is the same as Miami, we need our cars to get to work. California produces most of its own gas but people say that we pay more because we have so many state regulations for our gas production. We will have to wait and see what happens. Great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home