Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And the Daylilies* Look Lovely Today


I took this pic as I stepped out of the Barnacle onto its wide porch overlooking Biscayne Bay, and was mesmerized by these beautiful daffodils daylilies*, the only two in bloom. Their color was deep, rich and bright, as if they had drunk the sunlight pure and filled their petals with it.

*I was originally told these were daffodils and I believed it since I know next to nothing about flowers. In a comment, Darrel corrected me, pointing that these are daylilies, a fact corroborated by a quick Google Image and Wikipedia search. This, however, ruined my original reference to the song by The Cranberries (Daffodil Lament), but it's a small price to pay for increased knowledge. Thanks, Darrel!

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Lovely photos! Haven't been in a while but I loved Miami each time we visited.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers are daylillies - still a Beautiful shot!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I love this picture - so very summer!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home