Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Gothic, Miami style



To provide a this-side-of-the-Atlantic companion to today's photo from Montchauvet, France, (just check out those store-bought gargoyles!) I give you arguably the weirdest, most awesome house I have seen in Miami in almost 11 years. This bay-side mansion is the work of someone who probably enjoys Renaissance Faires and Dungeons & Dragons a little bit too much (in short, someone like me) and had money to bring their vision to life. I just love the incongruity of the faux medieval architecture with the tropical palms as sentinels on front. I've never been inside, but I would pay for a private tour. I can only imagine what they have cooked up inside!

Here are two more pics, showing the whole house: pic 1, pic 2.

4 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

This is crazy..los dueños deben ser seguramente ricos y excentricos para querer vivir allí. seguro que tambien tienen a un siviente que se viste de medieval :)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Bob said...

It does look a bit spooky. NIce trees though

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Nicola said...

And it seems to be quite a big place! Seems like the owner took the saying "my home is my castle" very literally!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Sam said...

This is Such a COOL picture - wow!!
What a place. It makes you want to explore it, that's for sure.
And LOL about the store bought gargoyles.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home