Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Funky apartment building



Things in South Beach are rarely done on a subdued scale, and this apartment building located at 248 Washington Ave., South Beach (Google map, zoom in and click Satellite so you can see the distinctive shape - for some reason, for the marker to be in front of this building, the address has to be typed as 274) . I cam across this building when I parked my car to go take a different picture altogether. You would think such a structure would not be something you can overlook, but not in Miami, and especially not in South Beach.
If you are interested, the second floor apartment (with the long vertical window) is for sale, though I wouldn't even dream of asking what the price is.

8 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Ineke said...

Hi Daniel, thanks for stopping by. Welcome to the DP family, I'll link you up for sure!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kris said...

..i like the shape of the building ..bizarre building !!!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Daniel M. Perez said...

Even more bizarre when you see up close all the details. I'll have to go back and shoot some of those. It's like this very strange whirpool upon which cement was poured.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's kinda neat, like something you'd find in a cartoon. But, I know what you mean. If you have to ask the price, you KNOW you can't afford it! LOL! Welcome to the family Daniel.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Anne said...

What a funky looking building! Beautiful!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Daniel M. Perez said...

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. :-)

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger midnitebara said...

Hi and welcome from Akita ,Japan. That is a very unique, one of a kind house. I dont think I have the guts to be its occupant.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Michael Salone said...

I am so happy to see my south Florida finally represented in the Daily Photo family. I live in Paris, but am from Hollywood (the original is in FL everybody!). Make us Floridians proud and I'll be checking back frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home