Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mi Familia


Back from my forced hiatus, I bring you a local fad you are unlikely to see in many other places, the Mi Familia (My Family) stickers. I first saw these on my Mom's car on a visit to Puerto Rico. The idea is that you buy one sticker for each member of your family and put them on your car somewhere. At some point it became the accepted custom that these go on the rear windshield. It is mostly Hispanics who have these, and since we tend to have large families, immediate and extended, some of these collections can cover a lot of windshield real estate, as you can see in some of these. For the record, my Mom still has her's, and no, she has not added me to her car yet. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Kris said...

hahhahaa...your mom must have misplaced the one for you somewhere :D I think it's a great idea :)

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

How cute!!!

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd put tem in the same bracket as those smiley faces! Take that as you like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home