Miami Daily Photo

A day by day look at Miami, Florida.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Cuba Nostalgia


Yesterday I went to the Cuba Nostalgia fair, a yearly event where the Cuba of yesterday is both remembered and celebrated. There was music, food, vendors, memorabilia, food, guests, food, artists and food. It was a really cool event, especially for me as a Puerto Rican married to a Cuban American girl, thus married into a Cuban family, as I got to see and experience a little bit of the Cuba that existed before Fidel screwed it up, the Cuba that my parents-in-law had to escape and can never regain. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Kris said...

oh, food! show us that,too !

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Daniel M. Perez said...

Alas, I didn't take any pictures of the food, so I owe you that one. I'll take one next time my Mother-in-law cooks for us. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home